Friday 17 October 2014

Post 2

FIVE REASONS WHY SKINS SEASONS THREE AND FOUR WERE THE BEST EVER 

If you haven't heard of the E4 teenage drama Skins (2007 - 2013) I suggest you get yourself over to Channel 4od and watch the first episode of season three right now because I watched two seasons over three days. 



The reasons:  

(I am not going to really talk about the third generation cast. When does anyone ever talk about them. I am going to do another post about the first generation) 



1)  The episode where they went to Pandas for the slumber party
In this episode, Katie spiked the brownies with MDMA which had Panda's weirdo mum dancing like someone with constipation. As for me, the funniest bit was when Cook was trying to look through the window. 




2) Cook, Freddie and JJ's friendship
I just really want one of those shed things they had where they all hung out until Karen went and killed it. I also love JJ a bit too much.


                                             

3) Kaya Scodelario 

I know the internet is already filled with Effy Stonem worship from girls who think they are Effy Stonem, when in reality have never so much as touched a paracetamol - but I love Kaya Scodelario. I don't really like how they progressed Effy's character arc, but she was still an interesting character. 
I just watched The Maze Runner, which Kaya recently starred in and despite her odd American accent, it was pretty good.


4) The Magic Mushroom episode (S03 ep8)
This episode probably was the best episode of all time. I won't ruin what happens, but you probably have seen this nice photo of Effy floating around the internet. It was the most iconic Skins moment. 




5) Cook brought Effy a gateau and it made me laugh for three days  
I don't know why it made me laugh. Cook was a well thought out character, and he actually made the terrible ending of season four a bit more interesting. 


For all those boring people who complain about great TV, who are saying skins wasn't realistic, then you are right: who really spends their entire sixth form years raving, doing drugs, and partying. 

Okay, maybe some people do. But most people like me spend their time shriveled up in their bed slaving away at homework. 

Skins wouldn't be the great show it is if it was realistic!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive